******THE 2020 BALL HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19. PLEASE SEE OUR ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THIS HERE.******
Join us for our unforgettably magical 12th annual celebration with THE WORLD FAMOUS GLENN MILLER ORCHESTRA, Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Hollywood's singing and tap dancing sweethearts the Satin Dollz and NYC's vintage sensation, Dandy Wellington!
See an exhilarating new WWII air show, breath-taking set and prop designs, an interactive scavenger hunt and much more!
Spend a night out in the '40s!
Enter our hangar made into the 1940s Jungle Outpost and Adventurers' Club! Movie set lights, props and even a roulette table!
Walk down Victory St. under a canopy of lights, amidst WWII era vehicles and museum displays! Best dressed contest, dance lessons and a dance contest! Hosted by Bob hope, Professor Phelyx and Dandy Wellington!
"A Trip Back in Time!" - LA Times
"This playful, reverent and ultimately nostalgic event offers everything you'd expect - sounds like a tradition to us." - The Denver Post
"The ball takes place in a real airplane hangar. WWII re-enactors, authentic WWII era military aircraft and ball-goers dressed in period clothes makes one feel one just stepped back in time." -Fox 31 Denver
"At this period ball, get acquainted with the sights and sounds of the Greatest Generation!" -5280
"The scenery looked straight out of a film set inspired by the Greatest Generation. The setting of the evening was so picturesque that there were several wedding proposals." -9 NEWS
2020 Theme: WWII Jungle Outpost!
* VICTORY STREET (WWII jungle-themed) showcasing: spectacular sets, historic exhibits, multimedia displays + International foods!
* BBC Radio Jungle Outpost with WWII radio presentations; try your hand at vintage radio presenting and broadcasting!
* Check out our 1940s jungle-themed Drive-In Movie Theatre featuring authentic classic cars + concessions!
* Grab a passport, visit + learn + play our interactive jungle-themed scavenger hunt!
* Bob Hope, Carmen Miranda, Lucille Ball, Rita Hayworth, Betty Grable… Meet the stars of the 1940s!
* Climb aboard Rocky Mountain Commemorative Air Force's TBM Avenger!
* An exhilarating new WWII air show and much more!***
Don't miss out on the MUST DO, most celebrated event of the summer!
Other fun happenings at the Ball...
Swing dancers will heat up the dance floor under a canopy of movie set lights while cigarette girls hand out rations. Attendees will have the opportunity to have their photos taken with WWII planes and military vehicles, stop by the Jungle Outpost and Adventurers' Club, the Tango Tango club tent or the "Cantina", enter the 1940's costume contest and dance the night away in a Conga Line! And to top the night off in grand style we'll announce the end of the war with an authentic 1940's radio announcement complete with a confetti drop and celebration!
*Air show dependent on weather.
Come enjoy Boulder Airport's breath-taking summer beauty with good friends, good music and good dancing!
- As Seen In -